- 2-3 bars of any flavor meltable chocolate
- Cup of sweetened coconut
- Milk or oil (optional)
- Microwavable bowl
- Parchment paper
- Storage plate
Let’s Make It!
- Place the meltable chocolate in a bowl and microwave for a few seconds, stir, and repeat until it starts to melt. Add milk, vegetable oil, or water to achieve a thick but mixable consistency. Don’t add too much liquid or else the chocolate won’t harden! Note: Using water or a nut/low fat milk may result in a softer haystack due to lower fat contents.
- Spoon several tablespoons of coconut into the mixture until you reach a desired balance.
- Spoon out portions onto parchment lined storage container/plate.
- Refrigerate for an hour or until they harden.
- Before serving let sit out for 15-30 minutes to soften.
Notes & Alternatives
- Feel free to use any type of meltable chocolate and other candies to the mix!
- The coconut can be either used as is or you can toast it on a pan or in the oven. I noticed that either way, both have around an equal crunch to them.