Yield: ~9 balls
- pack of chewy chocolate chips
- a few bars of meltable chocolate
- small amount of milk or vegetable oil (optional)
- decorating toppings
- toothpicks or lollipop sticks (optional)
- bowl for meltable chocolate
- parchment paper
Let’s Make It!
- Create the balls by firmly pressing together two cookies into a ball in the palm of your hand. Be careful, these can crumble easily!
- Place the meltable chocolate in a bowl and microwave for a few seconds, stir, and repeat until it starts to melt. Add milk, vegetable oil, or water to achieve a consistency that is dippable and spreadable. Don’t add too much liquid or else the chocolate won’t harden!
- Over the chocolate bowl, place each cookie ball onto a fork and use a spoon to pour the melted chocolate over it. Tap against the side of the bowl to remove excess.
- Place the balls onto parchment lined dish.
- Add any other toppings like sprinkles, candies, etc.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
- Enjoy! Place in the microwave for 15-30 seconds for a warm cookie ball!
- Store in fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Notes & Alternatives
- These are highly customizable for any occasion! From stacking them to make a snowman to using spooky sprinkles to make a Halloween themed one, the customization is endless!
- Check out my similar Oreo or cake balls recipes.
- National Cookie Day falls on December 4th.